Free case study
Zebrafish larvae activity
Parkinson’s Disease (PD) is the second most common human neurodegenerative disorder after Alzheimer's disease. The major aim of the research in this case study is understanding the molecular mechanisms underlying PD by generating animal models of PD using zebrafish, Danio rerio.
Download our free case study where DanioVision was used to study the effect of several doses of dopamine on locomotor activity of zebrafish larvae.
Here is a selection of recent papers of zebrafish research with DanioVision. If you feel your paper should be on this list, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Basnet, R.M.; Zizioli, D.; Taweedet, S.; Finazzi, D.; Memo, M. (2019). Zebrafish larvae as a behavioral model in neuropharmacology. Biomedicines, 7(1), 23
- Bos, R. van den; Mes, W.; Galligani, P.; Heil, A.; Zethof, J.; Flik, G.; Gorissen, M. (2017). Further characterisation of differences between TL and AB zebrafish (Danio rerio): Gene expression, physiology and behaviour at day 5 of the larval stage. PLoS ONE, 12(4), e0175420
On our blog: Strain differences in zebrafish behavior and physiology
- Cao, F.; Souders II, C.L.; Li, P.; Pang, S.; Qiu, L.; Martyniuk, C.J. (2019). Developmental toxicity of the triazole fungicide cyproconazole in embryo-larval stages of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 26(5), 4913-4923
- Capriello, T.; Consiglio Grimaldi, M.; Cofone, R.; D'Aniello, S.; Ferrandino, I. (2019). Effects of aluminium and cadmium on hatching and swimming ability in developing zebrafish. Chemosphere, 222, 243-249
On our blog: Zebrafish help us to understand neurodegenerative and neuromuscular diseases
- Cronin, A.; Grealy, M. (2017). Neuroprotective and Neuro-restorative Effects of Minocycline and Rasagiline in a Zebrafish 6-Hydroxydopamine Model of Parkinson’s Disease. Neuroscience, 367, 34-46.
On our blog: Putative neurorestorative drug for Parkinson's disease tested in zebrafish
- Ellström, I.D.; Spulber, S.; Hultin, S.; Norlin, N.; Ceccatelli, S.; Hultling, C.; Uhlén, P. (2019). Spinal cord injury in zebrafish induced by near-infrared femtosecond laser pulses. Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 311, 259-266
- Kim, O.-H.; Cho, H.-J.; Han, E.; Hong, T.I.; Ariyasiri, K.; Choi, J.H.; Hwang, K.-S.; Jeong, Y.-M.; Yang, S.-Y.; Yu, K.; Park, D.-S.; Oh, H.-W.; Davis, E.E.; Schwartz, C.E.; Lee, J.-S.; Kim, H.-G.; Kim, C.-H. (2017). Zebrafish knockout of Down syndrome gene, DYRK1A, shows social impairments relevant to autism. Molecular Autism, 8, 50
On our blog: Knockout of down syndrome gene in zebrafish leads to autistic-like behaviors
- Oliveri, A.N.; Levin, E.D. (2019). Dopamine D1 and D2 receptor antagonism during development alters later behavior in zebrafish. Behavioural Brain Research, 356, 250-256
- Quevedo, C.; Behl, M.; Ryan, K.; Paules, R.S.; Alday, A.; Muriana, A.; Alzualde, A. (2019). Detection and prioritization of developmentally neurotoxic and/or neurotoxic compounds using zebrafish. Toxicological sciences, 168(1), 225-240
- Swaminathan, A.; Bouffard, M.; Liao, M.; Ryan, S.; Callister, J.B.; Pickering-Brown, S.M.; Armstrong, G.A.B.; Drapeau, P. (2018). Expression of C9orf72-related dipeptides impairs motor function in a vertebrate model. Human Molecular Genetics, 27(10), 1754-1762
On our blog: A new zebrafish model for ALS-related gene mutations